Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seeings Spots


This is kind of a take off on the old spotlighting technique.  I had the idea while lying awake last night...too hot to sleep and boy am I feeling it today!  I think that this card looks even cooler in real life because the edges of the cardstock aren't quite as pronounced as they show up in the photo.  Anyway, really happy with the fun look of this card...and boy howdy (yes, I just said howdy!) do I love those BRIGHT colors! :)




I tried to line up the dots as closely as possible, they are off a teeny bit but are still pretty close! I used very thin pop dots so that the panels don't stick up very high.  They are only 1/16" thick.


This was really a fun card to make and you better believe I'm going to try it again!  And, of course, it is also simple to do!

You know how I almost overwhelmed you with cards I made using PTI's "Distressed Stripes" set recently?  Well, when I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll I guess!  I made 3 more simple, simple cards using "Dot Spot" too and I'll be sharing those with you over the course of the next few days.

As always, thank you for visiting my blog!  You guys are the best!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Dot Spot & Asian Fusion
Ink:  PTI Plum Pudding, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Palette Noir, Giverny Green & Orangerie
Paper:  White Ultrasmooth TAC
Other:  Pop Dots 1/16" thickness

16 comments:

Chris said...

Love your idea - it came out perfectly! We had 91 in the shade yesterday and after not sleeping the night before, I broke down and turned on the AC at 6 pm. phew!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Gorgeous card, Jennifer!!

AmethystCat said...

how fun! this is a super cute idea and the card looks great! love all the ink colors you chose!

Sarah G. said...

Cool card!! I really like your staging for the photo, too.

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a fun idea!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

That is so clever Jen! I would have never thought of that in a million years. Very cool, nice job!

Dana said...

Apparently the best ideas come when you can't sleep because this is fantastic Jennifer. I love everything about it!

Karen H. said...

That is so cool!

Laurie said...

Very cute! Love all those colors!

Daniela F. said...

Such a clever and fun idea, Jen! Oh, and I love the bright colors, too :-)

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous! I love the twist on spotlighting. great colour scheme.

Diane Jaquay said...

How FUN is this?!!

Anika said...

What a cool idea! Send a bit of your creative juices my way!! I love everything you've been creating lately!

Kristina said...

Your spotlighting is genius! I love the shift in colors. It actually made me do a double take. Cute, cute, cute!

Jackie Pedro said...

Cool...cool...COOL!! What a great card!!! Fun colors, too!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I love the way you use Dot Spot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...