Friday, April 16, 2010

Congratulations!

I love patterned paper.  When I go to the scrapbook stores, I cannot resist it!  However, I also hoard it!  I don't want to cut into THAT piece because what if I need it for another project?  Ever been there?  Now that I am not scrapbooking as often I don't go through my patterned papers as fast either.  A few weeks ago, I came upon a beautiful piece of paper at a local store that I bought...on sale too!  I decided it was time to use it! 


I am very pleased with how the paper looks on this card.  Isn't it pretty (the large piece)?  I am not very good at combining patterned papers either, so I am working on that as well.   If I could change anything about this card it would be to add a little white around the handle.  That was a complete oversight.  Oh well.


I feel liberated!  I actually cut into my paper and enjoyed doing it!  And, I have quite a large piece left for several other projects, so it's not all wasted!  So, maybe this is a congratulations card to myself, LOL!! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!  I appreciate all of you!  I hope you have a very good day!

Supplies
Stamps:  PTI Scattered Showers, Tin Type Basic Backgrounds
Paper:  My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market, SEI Polka Dot Paper, PTI Spring Rain & Spring Moss
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Spring Rain, Palette Orangerie, Tea Dye Duo
Other:  SEI Ribbon, Basic Grey Pearls, Pop Dots, EK Success Border Punch

21 comments:

Anika said...

Love that patterned paper and how that orange ribbon just pops! Beautiful card!

Laurie said...

Super cute! Great job on cutting into that first piece! I am right there with you!

Anonymous said...

Jen, this is such a pretty card! I love the layout and that bow is really great! I too am a paper hoarder, I cant help it, some of it is just to pretty to cut into!

Glad to be in the new blog group together, we are a talented bunch!

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Jen... LOVE the colors (especially that dp!)

Bonita Rose said...

Oh my I love this card.. the colors are gorgeous and your pics are great!! Love that ribbon! wow.. eye catching! xo

Christina said...

So glad you cut into that paper, because it looks beautiful on this card! I have the same problem with hoarding. I love the big orange bow on this card, too!

Nadine said...

Oh Jen, I am the same way about pp!! Can't go into my LSS without buying some and then I come home and don't want to cut into it! I need to make beautiful cards like yours! :o)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is just EXQUISITE Jen, and let me tell you, that patterned paper is like the "jewelry" of this card, it adds a perfect pop of WOW!!!

kssdesigns said...

Paper Hoarding?? What ever are you talking about? ;) Great card and nice paper too!

Unknown said...

beautiful card Jen..love the color combo!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Your bow is seriously luscious.

Amy Kolling said...

Your choice of pattern paper is perfect!! I think you did a great job combining patterns with the paper and stamps. I too am a hoarder....And I LOVE that orange ribbon!

Christine Pennington said...

Beautiful!

Nancy L. said...

beautiful card!!

AnnElise R. said...

Gorgeous patterned paper! Your card makes me want to finally purchase Scattered Showers! :)
I hate cutting into new sheets too but it's oh SO worth it in the end! As you've shown!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty! Totally *love* the colors, and that patterned paper is fab!

kasia c. said...

Isn't it nice to know you aren't alone with the whole paper hoarding thing! Beautiful card! I love the colour combo. :)

Jackie Pedro said...

More Scattered Showers goodness! Great card! Love the DP!

Janelle said...

That is gorgeous patterned paper -- and I'm so with you on the hoarding thing with the paper, except that I don't cut into it because I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it justice. Crazy, huh? I'm working at getting over that, too. :) So, congratulations on taking that first step of cutting into it! The card is great and I think you combined papers and colors masterfully!

Sherry said...

Pretty, pretty car! I am a hoarder too....I have worked in 3 scrapbook stores so you can only imagine how much paper i have!!

Dana said...

I think that just might be the most amazingly perfect bow I've ever seen. I'm in awe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...