Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One Layer Cards

A couple of weeks ago I challenged myself to make a few one-layer cards.  Two of the three of them turned out pretty well (or I think they did anyway).  The third, well you can't see that one.  Not so good! :)


This card uses an ususual color scheme of Hibiscus Burst, Giverny Green & Summer Sunrise.  I love that vine image from PTI's Beyond Basic Borders set!  It's perfect for this one layer card.  I added the sentiment and 2 gold beads to finish it off.  This would take no time at all to mass reproduce!


This next card is a little bit more involved and has such a soft feel to it.  I used Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush & Vintage Cream, along with a little Burnt Umber for this color scheme.  I cut the card a little smaller than a normal A2 card and then added the apron lace border along the bottom in Ivory.  I also inked the edges with the Burnt Umber ink.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you think!

Supplies
Vines Card
Stamps:  PTI Beyond Basic Borders & Vintage Picnic Sentiments
Paper:  Kraft
Ink:  Palette Burnt Umber & Giverny Green, PTI Hibiscus Burst, & Summer Sunrise
Other: Silver Beads

This Year Card
Stamps:  PTI Guide Lines II, Signature Greetings
Ink:  Palette Burnt Umber, PTI Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush & Vintage Cream
Paper: Kraft & Ivory
Other:  Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Very cute! Love the colors! And the pearls! ;)

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow Jen, AWESOME job on these! I particularly LOVE that first one, I never would have thought to stamp those leaves in different colors the way you did, it's so pretty!

Katie said...

Love them both! I ought to try out more one layer cards. ;)

Barb said...

Very pretty, Jen! LOVE the softness of the last one, and all of the colors look great with that kraft base!

Daniela F. said...

Great one-layer cards!! Now, I think I need to give some love to Beyond Basic Borders today :)

Amy Kolling said...

Jen, I love your first card.....so simple but it's not missing anything!! Love the pearls!

Anonymous said...

Very nice cards Jen, I think you did a great job on that challenge!

Taheerah said...

Great OLCs, I especially love the second one but then I am a bit partial to some Guide Lines series goodness!!

Karin said...

Love these cards! When ever I make one layer cards it just looks like I was lazy and didn't try...LOL! I love your style!

Dana said...

Jen that first one is gorgeous! It really caught my eye. And I love the soft subtlness of the second one too..very clever!

Sarah G. said...

Beautiful cards, Jen!

Sara Mac said...

Jen these one layer cards are great! I love the one with the vines. Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...