Check out my stamps for sale by clicking the "Stamps for Sale" tab above!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christmas Polka Dots



I'm so excited to share with you something that I've had on my wish list for a while now.  It is a polka-dotted embossing folder for my Big Shot machine!  You know how much I love polka dots!  Well, Quickutz came out with 3 sizes of polka dotted embossing folders.  I hadn't bought them yet because I couldn't find them locally and had to order them.  Well, a store whose newsletter I subscribe to was having a great sale on them this past week.  There were only $2.99 each plus an extra 15% off that!!  WOW!!  I ordered 2 sizes.  This card uses the smallest size.

The paper was Coordinations and it is so cool!  The inside of the paper has a color that matches the outside of the paper--in this case it's a shade lighter than the outside color.  So, when you sand it, you see the lighter color on the inside.   After I embossed the polka dots, I sanded them lightly.


I used my scor-pal and scor-bug to make the lines on the right-hand side of the card (on the Kraft cardstock).  The image is from one of my favorite Christmas sets "Joyful Ornaments".  I first inked the image in Frost VersaMark ink and then inked the bottom half with Toile Pink Palette ink and the top with Platinum Brilliance ink (it has a sparkle to it).  By inking it with the Frost before the Toile ink, it creates a nice subtle shine to the ornament. I love, love, love this!  Just make sure your stamp is clean before putting it in the Frost or you'll make your pad dirty.   I also lightly rubbed the Frost VersaMagic over the embossed polka dots so the whole things glimmers!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joyful Ornaments, Holiday Liners
Paper:  TAC Kraft, White, Coordinations Greenish/blue, Bazzill Pink
Ink:  Toile Pink & Burnt Umber Palette, Platinum Brilliance, Frost VersaMark
Other:  White Eyelet, Ribbon, Scorpal & Scorbug, Corner Chomper, Quickutz Polka Dot Embossing Folder

6 comments:

  1. Very nice color combo! Love it with the Kraft. :) Congrats on your new folders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Jen! Luvin' those dots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jen! Got that folder last week - haven't used it yet! Great job on your card - love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is beautiful!! I love the colors you chose. Missed seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it! Very pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your comments so much! Have a great day!