Friday, December 28, 2007

Scalloped Punches!!

I LOVE using scalloped punches and now TAC carries both the square and circle ones in two different sizes!! I was so excited to see these in the newest catalogue.

Right now I only have the circle scalloped punches so I wanted to show you a project or two made using these.

The card above is made using a Christmas set! I love when a set can be so versatile that you can use it year around!! The idea for this card was inspired by a scrapbook page featured in the newest TAC catalogue on page 94 by Mary Leeson. I loved how she used the scalloped punches with the "Simply Christmas" stamps to make flowers! What a cute idea. I adapted the idea a bit and this is what I came up with. Very simple!

I sponged Violete Palette ink around the scalloped circle punch and then punched tiny holes around the scallopes. I also used the Prisma glitter available through TAC to add glitter to the "Joy" piece. The paper is from the Lilly Anne paper collection and the swirl in the center is from the "Curls & Swirls" set. I also punched three small holes in the bottom paper strip and then used my white souffle pen to add the white outlines--it almost looks like there are eyelets in the strip. To finish the card off, I took my Brilliance Moonlight White ink pad and made an edge around the entire card.




This is a 2, 4, 6, 8 box and is SO simple to make!! They go together so quickly and are just the perfect size to put a small gift in--including candy and gift cards, etc... I used the mega scalloped punch to punch the black scalloped circle and other regular circle punches to punch the other 2 circles. The stamp on the white circle is from the "Floral Dingbats" set and is stamped to match the box (although it looks gray in the photo) with Aqautic Splash VersaMagic ink. The background is stamped using "Artsy Elements" and VersaMark ink. The saying in the middle is from a previous hostess set "Something for You" which will be retired after today.

I'm sure that you'll be seeing a lot more projects made using these punches in the weeks to come!!

Have a very Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

kssdesigns said...

You gotta love those circle scalloped punches. They are so versatile!I'm lovin' the color combo on both of these cards too! Nicely done Jen.

Stampin' Meg said...

Those look great-I am so glad about the salloped punches. I got mine last year-I couldn't wait. But hopefully-I'll be able to sell some to my customers now!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love these projects! The colors are yummy!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a great use of your punches. I love the color combinations.

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...