Thursday, May 10, 2007

Updated Gallery!

I have finally found a more user-friendly way to share my TAC samples with you! On the left-hand column you will see a category called "Visit My TAC Gallery!". That hasn't changed. What has changed is that now all of the stamp sets that I currently have uploaded samples for are listed. If you click on the stamp set, it will take you to my gallery that has samples for that particular stamp set, all arranged and viewable together. If you want to view my entire gallery, also arranged by stamp set, you can click on the link (within that category) that says "All TAC Samples". This should be be much easier than clicking on each individual sample!

Another great thing about this new gallery is that you can subscribe to its feed. Basically that means that each time I add samples to the gallery it will notify you and show you where those samples (or folders) have been added. How cool is that?? If you aren't sure what I mean by "Feeds" and all of that, I have explained this in more detail below.

Here's a reminder on how to subscribe by feeds from a previous post that I made:

"The second option (and it's a little more complicated to set up if you are unfamiliar with blog feeds so I will walk you through the process the best that I can!) is to click on the orange feed icon that is found at the top of your screen in one of the toolbox menus. A photo of what you are looking for is shown at the left. If you don't have an updated version of Internet Explorer, this option may not be available to you. If you click on this icon (in your toolbar) you will get a message that says something similar to this:

"You are viewing a feed that contains frequently updated content. When you subscribe to a feed, it is added to the Common Feed List. Updated information from the feed is automatically downloaded to your computer and can be viewed in Internet Explorer and other programs"

Basically, that just means that when you are connected to the internet, your browser will automatically check the "feeds" that you are subscribed to (basically webpages or blogs) and then will let you know if anything on that page has been updated. If it has, you will be able to find out with a glance and if nothing has been updated, it will let you know. I'll explain more about that in a moment.

Under the note that the blog icon gives you, you will see a link that says, "Subscribe to this Feed". Click on that link. An Internet Explorer box will pop up that lists the name of the blog that you are subscribing to and another box that says "Create In". It should automatically put "Feeds" in that box. Click "Subscribe".

Now you get a note that says,

"You've successfully subscribed to this feed! Updated content can be viewed in Internet Explorer and other programs that use the Common Feed List."

Now, where do you find the "Common Feed List" that it is referring to and how do you know if my blog has been updated? Look at your toolbars at the top of the screen again. Do you see a little yellow star (at least that is what it is on Internet Explorer)? Click on that. It'll probably pull up your favorites list. But, at the top of the box that you just opened by clicking on the star there is another options menu. It should say, "Favorites, Feeds & History". Click on "Feeds". This will give you a list of all of the blogs that you are subscribed to. If there has been any updates made to a blog that you have not viewed yet, the name of the blog will be in BOLD. If the blog name is not in bold, than the blog has not been updated since the last time your browser checked it.
___________________

I hope that all of this makes sense! If you have questions or would like to see a sample of a particular stamp set, please let me know! If I don't have the stamp set, I will find someone who does and get samples to you! I hope that you enjoy this new gallery! I love it!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...