Check out my stamps for sale by clicking the "Stamps for Sale" tab above!

Monday, February 26, 2007

I won a contest!!

I was so excited to come home from a great weekend of stamping to find that I had won an Angel Company contest! It was 1:30 in the morning when I checked the TAC newsletter online and I actually screamed when I saw my name under the Terrific Trio category. I'm glad that I didn't wake my son!! To say the least I was very excited!

These cards are very similar to the contest winning ones. I forgot to take pictures of the ones that I entered before I mailed them to TAC and these are slightly different because I changed the contest entries to match the contest rules. The category that I entered was Terrific Trio and the only rules are to use only 2 TAC stamp sets on a series of 3 cards. To see my cards that won you can click here.


The stamp sets I used were the Jubilee Hostess Set "Forget Not" and the word set "Soft Spoken". The patterned paper is Rustic Chic (a TAC exclusive paper) and the cardstock is Matchmakers & the Brown Bazzill cardstock pack that TAC carries. On these cards pictured on my blog I also used the "So Splattered" Jubilee Hostess set and the "Swirly Background" stamp.
To make the little tag on the discover flower card at the top I cut a small rectangle piece of cardstock, stamped the word "discover" on it and then used the corner rounder that TAC carries and rounded the corners of two of the edges. Then I used TAC Burnt Umber Palette Ink to distress the edges of the tag. Last I attached the brad and glued the tag down with Designer Dries Clear glue.

These were fun to make and you could customize the flower/leaves with any patterned paper & color combination that you like!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning! You deserve it with your great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jen! The cards are awesome and you deserve to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news!! These cards are great and I love how you used the tree to make flower petals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen! Duh... I didn't realize you won!! CONGRATULATIONS! These are great cards. Great Blog too by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your comments so much! Have a great day!